Thread: Tomato Profits
View Single Post
Old February 19, 2012   #20
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscgolf View Post
superhot peppers- loads of money to be made with these provided you are willing to ship them. as mark said, you can get darn near a buck a pepper online for them. i'm growing roughly 1500 plants of superhots this year out of roughly 4000 pepper plants in total spread over 100+ varieties. i also agree that the douglah is the hottest thing i have ever been exposed to- much moreso than the bhuts or scorpions- tastes like hell though in my opinion.
That's a lotta peppers! The post office is going to love you. I'll be interested to hear how the venture works out for you.

I was planning on growing primarily for pure seed this year with isolation cages and starting to sell seeds in the fall, but it's sure tempting to start a hundred each of the ones with big numbers that everyone is going to be looking for now, it's not much later than I started everything last year. Problem is the kids act like they're handling radioactive waste when I ask them just to bring me a bucket with peppers in it, I can't imagine them actually picking them. Although if prices are what they were last year I think that might motivate them...
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote