View Single Post
Old August 15, 2006   #1
gardengalrn
Tomatovillian™

Default Greenhouse research

Hi all, I'm needing advice and experience to choose a greenhouse that best suits my needs. I don't even know where to start. The house we will be moving to in Kansas has a large concrete pad with several drains already that the previous owners had intended to put another out building on and never got around to it. It is big enough to accomodate a medium sized greenhouse (say the size of dokutaaguriin's) and still have room to put a work area outside too. I see that most of you are using raised beds. I had thought to use mine mainly as a starting place for tomatoes and other plants so I intend to use containers. I don't think it would be cost effective for me to plan to heat it to try winter crops nor to keep it cool in the summer. If I needed supplemental heat in the spring for starting my veggies early, I would do that.

The area is full sun and gets quite a bit of wind. In our area it gets VERY hot in the summer and VERY cold in the winter with generally several ice storms. My basic questions are how you chose your greenhouse and what company and anything that you tried that was a great idea or not, re. shelves, tables, timers, floor plan, etc. Thanks a bunch!
gardengalrn is offline   Reply With Quote