View Single Post
Old August 12, 2006   #3
spudleafwillie
Tomatovillian™

Default A thought - getting info from crosses...

Craig and Patrina,
I'd be willing to supply seed from 10 to 15 similar PL's in my collection and to grow out some (5) of the F1 crosses here in NM. I can try a few crosses here but make no guarantees on getting crosses to take as I have modest experience and success doing it. Oops forgot Keith too!!

I will need help with the growouts too as I'll be growing out about 100 PLs in my collection in 2007 with seed that is 8-10 years old . Maybe Tom Micholas (tomstrees on T'ville) has some space and would be willing to grow a few out too as he too likes PL's. I think there are a few more "spudleaf fanatics" like me out there that would help with the growouts, Maybe Bully and Dunkel and others.?

Craig, you have last year's copy of my spudleaf database so use your expertise in choosing similar varieties. I probably can supply 10 -20 seeds( possibly a little more) of each variety for the initial crosses. Is that enough seed?? Call me on the phone if you have any questions or need more info.
I'm growing out this year (93) different PL varieties that may not be readily available elsewhere so again, check with me ASAP with your choices. .

Patrina, what is your deadline for starting seeds this fall?? PM me so I can try hard to meet your deadline if at all possible. I'll need your snailmail info so I can ship seeds in the next week or two in time for you to start the crosses for her fall growing season in 2007
Looking forward to actively participating in this crossing project.

Best regards,
Bill Malin (aka Spudleaf Willie)
spudleafwillie is offline   Reply With Quote