View Single Post
Old January 11, 2012   #13
saltmarsh
Tomatovillian™

Robin,

That's been my experience in the past, pulling the lower leaves has worked for me as well, but growing plants in a closed environment is totally different from growing in the open. Once the Early Blight started, it spread like wildfire inside the closed space.

The product I used is Spectracide Immunox Multi-Purpose Fungicide spray concentrate purchased from Home Depot. Other stores in your area may carry it. The active ingredient is Myclobutanil 1.55% other ingredients 98.45%

I followed label directions and applied 1 ounce per gallon and applied with a 3 gallon hand sprayer. The label said it would not wash off if allowed to dry and I was fortunate to have a sunny day to apply it. First I removed the leaves showing the worst infection then sprayed tops and underside of leaves and plants, mulch, and the inside surface of the plastic. This stopped it dead in it's tracks. Leaves spotted with infection won't regrow the damaged area, but the disease won't spread. It's been almost 2 months and no sign of recurrence, the one application seems to have worked for me, but I'm still watching for signs of a recurrence. Claud
saltmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote