View Single Post
Old January 9, 2012   #20
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Okay...My Husband grew "Fortuna" which came from Charles Case in Georgia. here is Charles' description:

Quote:
70 days, Indet. regular leaf, bushy, swaggering, super healthy, productive, long lasting plants that produce hundreds of 1" X 1. 5"elongated brilliant red gems, bold taste, dry texture, few seeds, perfect choice for cooking, canning, drying or salsa. A productivity champion in my garden and literal garden standout.
"

When I spoke to him on the phone, he said these were his new favorite small tomato.

My Husband grew them in Mexico for the first time and I have to admit, they were fabulous and I never saw so many dammed (sic) tomatoes on one plant! Personally, I never grow anything small for drying because it is just too much work and takes so many tomatoes for a decent amount of finished product. These were truly a paste-type small tomato which is rare. I will see if my Husband saved very much seed. He is the BIGGEST WHINER when it comes to saving seed and always forgets to save seed from stuff he wants to re-grow (I refuse to do it for him...) He actually will re-buy seed for a variety rather than save it himself