View Single Post
Old January 8, 2012   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbamWY View Post
Thanks Carolyn, Why is such a good tomato so hard to find? It produces a good yield of medium size tomatoes and is good for eating and for canning. The fruits are pretty and the plant is disease resistant. Fruits ripen mid season here in Wyoming. It is a keeper. I probably should isolate some plants and save some seed.
I don't thnk a good tomato variety is hard to find, I've grown a lot and loved many of them but I think we all have our favorites as the years pass and new ones displace other ones.

I'm not too sure I can agree with you when you say Break O Day is disease resistant. Where you live there aren't many soil borne disease, same for me in upstate NY, but any variety can get the common foliage diseases and that's been a constant for me.

I think it's a good idea for everyone to save their own seed and in a day or so when I put up my 2012 seed offer in the trade forum here I'll be speaking to that. No, I don't trade seeds, but that's where seed offers go when one isn't looking for trades.

Glad you found some seeds.