View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011   #30
nangisha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOhio View Post
I've been growing for 40 years and have never seen a larger tomato that the Siberian Pink Honey. I grew 22 varieties last year and nothing came close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrops27 View Post
Mike in Ohio Is the Siberian Pink Honey tomato, very sweet?I like sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey_BY View Post
Mike, you are right - Rozovyi Myod ("Pink Honey" is an English translation of this Russian variety from Siberia) usually can get you a very huge fruit even in a cold climate.

There are many other Siberian tomatoes with very big fruit (up to 1 kg on first several trusses): Bezrazmernyi (="Dimensionless" in English, red), Vashe Blagorodie ("Your Honor", pink), Babushkin Secret ("Granny's Secret", pink), Vechnyi Zov ("Perpetual Call", red), Lyubimyi Prazdnik ("Favorite Holiday, pink), Gordost Sibiri ("Pride of Siberia", red), Korol Gigantov ("The King of Giants", red), Korol Sibiri ("The King of Siberia, yellow heart-shaped type), Korol Koroley ("The King of Kings", red - I'm still in search of seeds of it in Russia) and some others.

Plus I'm adding my Orange Minsk to this "king size list"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Plus I'm adding my Orange Minsk to this "king size list"

And why not Andrey for I think it's one of the best tasting/growing varieties that you've ever found and lots of folks love it as I do.

I don't grow varieties just for large fruit size, but yes, I do think that Orange Minsk should be mentioned as having the potential to grow large, especially if it's happy where grown.
3 Vote for Siberian Pink Honey
2 Vote for Orange Minsk

I think I will order both along with Omar Lebanese, see which one grew better here, for each growing condition.

# Its my first tread and Carolyn replying here, I don't why its feel so good to see her in my treat .

# Mike I never seed seller as cheap as yours. So are you shipping to Indonesia???? There is chance its won't pass but let it be my risk...
nangisha is offline   Reply With Quote