View Single Post
Old December 16, 2011   #44
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

I like that Honor System idea. I wonder if i works for seedlings too. I agree with both of you. People that does not garden but value and appreciate small scale farmers are going to be honest. Probably they grew around or knew a food gardener or farmer before and understand the generosity etc.

I think the way we make a connection to the earth and the cycle of life is what make gardeners around the world be so similar. I've been to very poor countries and every time you are invited to a countryside house for whatever reason they want to give you food even thou they might only have little to share.

One example is that when visiting Tibet we got invited into a tent/house and the family mother made tea for us also she had bananas and insisted that I had one . I am sure they don't grow bananas so they probably was a special treat because the 6 year old grandaughter opened here eyes with excitement. But declining is an offense to them so I had one show my most sincere respect and accept one which I shared with the grandaughter claiming that was so big and delicious that she had to help me