View Single Post
Old December 6, 2011   #47
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

We. also,, have used WOW's with great success. We plant in a high tunnel in the early part of March. Filliing them with the "bucket" method, but I also use a piece of old hose for a "nozzle" (cut the end of the hose with a sharp angle cut to give you the "get it in there"!) to slip down inside the tube to keep it from collapsing into itself as I am filling it. I use a shut off valve on the end of my hose so the water isn't constantly running and I can control the flow as I am filling the tubes. Therefore the "nozzle" slips down into the tube filling it from the bottom up. We then remove the WOW's in mid April (protecting with a floating row cover at this point) and plant our 2nd crop outside in the garden with the WOW's. and then remove those and watch the weather for our 3rd planting and use them or not if it doesn't look as if the weather will get too cold. We go to all this work to get our tomatoes to the market before anyone else in the area. And we always have them before others.
Then when the outside tomatoes are done, we are still picking out of the high tunnel for the remainder of the fall. For our selves and a few late "do you have any more tomatoes" people just stopping by. So with the WOW's and the high tunnel we have tomatoes in the ground for 7 months of the year.

Last edited by clkeiper; December 6, 2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: spelling and included one more thought
clkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote