View Single Post
Old November 22, 2011   #9
ZachAttacksPHX
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtanon View Post
Nicely done! I live in Buckeye, and I can appreciate the value of having something like that for the fall/winter crop. I just wish my wife was more flexible with the backyard, but she's not. If I tried to build something like that back there, she'd throw a fit. Ah well, maybe we won't get a frost this year

As far as the roma goes - hard to say. I've always been a bit wary of buying any tomato plant from Lowes/HD that was even remotely showing disease. I'd say that compared to the other plants, it looks very unhealthy. If it were me, I'd return it to swap it out, but then again I don't know what other plants they have available. It's a shame you didn't post this 2 weeks ago - I just gave away about a dozen good size seedlings, including a San Marzano.

What are the other seedlings you've got going?
I returned it yesterday. They didn't have any Roma's so I exchanged it for a Celebrity that had some nice stems! haha I walked out with a couple more plants too. I now have Celebrity, Patio, Bush Goliath, Beef something?, Jet star, Basil, Cilantro, Serrano, Jalapeno, California wonder bell's, Anaheim, strawberries, carrots, red and green onion, romain lettuce, string beans, cucumber and something that was stuck to my shirt from Maui so I planted them to see what happens.

Maybe when I get the white picket fence up and a couple little more doo dads you can show her and ask her on good day if you can do something similiar.
ZachAttacksPHX is offline   Reply With Quote