View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011   #51
tedln

Goodwin,

I didn't know you are also a seed vendor. Do you have a web page I can browse?

I have purchased seed from most of the vendors mentioned on this forum (good and bad) and haven't experienced a single instance of "wrong seed". I don't think it would bother me because I enjoy the unexpected things in life.

The only thing that really gripes me is when a vendor rips me off. For example I purchased two packs of hybrid tomato seed (Juliet and Fourth Of July) plus four packs of cucumber (Sweet Success) seed from Burpee yesterday. The cost including shipping was $36.00. While I knew what the total cost would be, I still felt like I had been robbed when I hit the "Submit Order" button. I won't be ordering from Burpee again even if I can't find the seed with a different vendor.

While I haven't experienced "Wrong Seed" from a vendor, I sometimes wonder if I have experienced "genetically defective" seed from vendors. I purchased some Arbuznyi seed from a highly reputable vendor which resulted in every tomato (spring and fall crops) severely catfaced and deformed. I will throw my remaining Arbuznyi seed away because I don't want to perpetuate an imperfect strain.

Ted