View Single Post
Old November 6, 2011   #13
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

To be honest, I wasn't sure how well it would work, and I didn't want one of those huge shredder/chipper things because I don't have space to store it. However, 2 years running and having the most trees in my neighborhood, it's held up quite well. I will warn you, the thing is LOUD when it's running, but it works very well. Paper bags are a pain to get underneath it, so you have to fold them over a few times, but once you get your rhythmn going its pretty good.

I can't haul my leaves anywhere because my property runs downhill to the lake, so every year, I have to carry leaves UPHILL to get them to the road. Across the street is all uphill too, so I can't dump leaves there either. It's a massive undertaking to do leaves every year here, so I have to find better solutions since I'm not getting any younger and it takes everything out of me to do it every weekend in the Fall, and then many more come spring.

This is the one I have :
WORX WG430 13 amp Electric Leaf Mulcher/Shredder

It's lightweight and easy to carry up and down the stairs so I can bring it to wherever the leaves are.