View Single Post
Old November 6, 2011   #7
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Last year I bought a leaf shredder because the volume of leaves I have is overwhelming. I can't get the mower onto most areas of the yard.
Just curious as to what kind/model of leaf shredder you are using, and are you happy with it? I have the same problem with not being able to easily get a mower to where most of the leaves are. We are surrounded by natural woods of aspen, oak, maple and basswood in the back of the property, so I have all the leaves I could ever want. But it's brushy, uneven ground, full of sticks and rotting logs, so we don't mow or rake there. Luckily our front yard is open grass with just some rows of big spruce, so not much fall clean up to worry about there.

When I have time, I rake all the leaves I can gather onto a tarp and haul it to a corner where I try to have a mulch pile, but it takes a long time for whole leaves to decompose. I would consider buying a leaf shredder, but not sure an electric one would be heavy duty enough. Don't really want a gas one, because it takes more maintenance and I'd be more likely to use it if all I had to do was plug it in and do a few batches at a time, as opposed to hauling around gas cans and cleaning filters and spark plugs etc. Any advice or experience with leaf shredders is welcome!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote