View Single Post
Old August 11, 2011   #39
Talon1189
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloz View Post
delltraveller:
I'll gladly trade you some of my rodents. They don't care if the weather is dry or wet, they will gladly eat what you are growing. I have a fence around my garden to keep the deer, bunnies and groundhogs out. The baby bunny ran right through the fence (2"x3" mesh) and I caught him eating the greens of my carrots. Wiped out my carrots. I removed him and now the rest of the bunnies are too big to get through the fence. I can't stop the raccoons because they climb over the fence and I am not spending the night waiting for them. The chipmunks, squirrels and lately the vole seems to be the biggest problem. Catbirds are also a major problem around here. They eat any berries that you grow and will also peck the tomatoes. If my tomatoes start having bird pecks in them I will have to thin them out too. Maybe I need a couple of more cats.
Very amazing how a few thousand miles will make. I only have 5 tomato plants I guess that I am very lucky to report that "No Squirrels" bother my small harvest. I see the red "tree rats" I really think that it is all about the varmints being "Thirsty" in a drought situation .......... Just my own opinion here.