View Single Post
Old August 10, 2011   #4
Elizabeth
Tomatovillian™

Suze,

Thanks for the information. This is quite distressing for me - I gardened for years then had to take a few years off because of back issues, I'm finally getting back in the saddle and blam, this happens. I'm thoroughly bummed.

I looked up Dragonfire and with that name found a great study of alternative nematicides done by two people from university ag departments that shows it placed second in effectiveness to fumigation, which is impressive. It looks like a useful tool in the arsenal, but zowie, the price! Chitin (crab/shrimp meal) placed a close 3rd. Have you ever tried using that?

I can't find Teracure anywhere - the only mentions of it when I Google Teracure nematicide are links to another thread here and one in the Dave's Garden forums.

I found a chart for proper crop rotation from UC Davis and will start implementing that right away...instead of the lovely garden plan I had spent so much time on for my fall planting...drat!

I have a bunch of new largish pots here and there on patios that I had earmarked for other things, but I guess vegetables are going in instead

Where does one find dried molasses?

Thanks

If I'm going to water and care for a plant it had better give me food, flowers or shade.
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote