View Single Post
Old August 9, 2011   #1
Elizabeth
Tomatovillian™

Default Root Knot Nematode

I think I'm going to cry - I just pulled 2 plants (yellow brandywine and Hillbilly) that had stopped producing and look what I found.

I try to stick with organic methods, but I'm not a purist. I don't want to apply anything really nasty though. What do I do????

Since I have beds that are 3.5' x 3.5' x 14" and are essentially large containers (right down to having bottoms with holes drilled in them) it's feasible (but not fun with a bad back) to remove all of the soil - what to do with it though....

I'm worried... I don't know if the other beds are contaminated. I bought the seedlings at a local nursery because of time constraints so it's possible others came in with it too. I know one bed a couple down is clean - I pulled a plant there and there were no issues.

My little seedlings I started for Fall planting are growing nicely, and I am potting them up in individual pots in the next couple of days - where are they going to live when they grow up? I'm so sad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nematode.JPG (268.1 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Nematode2.JPG (317.4 KB, 103 views)

If I'm going to water and care for a plant it had better give me food, flowers or shade.
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote