View Single Post
Old July 28, 2006   #5
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

I completely understand, taste is a personal thing, for example I have 2 brandywines that I purchased from Lowes, I have eaten 3 tomatoes thus far( my first OP tomatoes ever), however I am not very impresed at all, they produce poorly in my weather conditions and the taste was too tangy for my, one of the reasons I think is because it tends to overipen on the bottom part but the shoulders stay green. I don't think I'll try this one again.
However it is nice to know what all of you think, since my space is limited and there are thousands of tomato varieties to choose from well it does help to know which ones to buy etc... I have purchased seeds from stores such as Prudens purple, green grape,Cherokee purple, etc... mainly because many tomato lovers have had good reviews on this varieties. I guess it just helps to narrow things. When I buy my dream house on at least 5 acre lot well then I'll definetely try all the varieties I can.
Thank you so much for your imputs.
I have started from seed 2 wild matt's cherry for fall growing, I have a lot of people that are expecting some maters from me, friend who helped take care of plants while I was away on vacation, neighbor lady, people from church etc...
jardinlady is offline   Reply With Quote