View Single Post
Old June 26, 2011   #36
Aphid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Peazy View Post
http://lubbock.tamu.edu/horticulture...007Results.pdf

You all may have seen this before but the above link points to a Texas A&M field production tomato trial. This one was relevant to me because it gets very hot here, maybe not as hot as Texas, but hot.

Bella Rosa was on there but didn't seem to fare as well as a tomato named Sun King. I ordered a few of these from Reimer yesterday. Anyone here grown them? There were few sources for the seeds, so they don't seem too popular.

Reimer's description is as follows:

75 days. Lycopersicon esculentum. (F1) Plant produces high yields of large 1 lb tomatoes. The tomatoes are meaty and sweet. Very crack resistant. Requires staking or caging. Suitable for home gardens and market growers. Disease Resistant: VFTA. Indeterminate. pk/10

texas is not quite like middle tennessee ,,, I can name off some varietys that have done well for me( and others) in middle tennessee ,,, I have grown close to 40 varietys so far .... I mentioned earlier this thread my best performer this season, out of 14 varietys.....

with the thousands of tomatoes available out there,it's nice to know what others in your area have success with.....yes?
Aphid is offline   Reply With Quote