View Single Post
Old June 19, 2011   #46
tuk50
Tomatovillian™

I'm really glad you got it back on the right track.. If it is growing now then your doing great.. caution about more fertilizer in this heat.. go sloooow!
Along with manure next year I've had good luck with cottonseed meal and/or soybean meal to put in the rows when planting next spring.. it is a very good slow release nitrogen source along with other nutrients and when sprayed with fish and molasses at planting time, makes a great microbe base.
I know a lot of folks don't use bonemeal, but I really believe this also used with the composted manures at spring preparation time helps slow down the BER. Before going organic I had a terrible problem with BER, but so far the last few years absolutely not one tomato with BER. I don't know what else to attribute it to except the above and just the last two years I've started using a product called cactus juice with calcium as a half strength foliage spray along with kelp also at half strength, used as a boost during stress times for my maters.
Hey, great vehicle .. good choice, it should perform well for you. May I ask your wife to talk to mine.... LOL!