View Single Post
Old May 26, 2011   #55
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmfish View Post
Just requested my sample as well, today. I hope they're still sending them out. I noticed when I submitted my info, it said it was open until the end of next month. Hope I get some to try.

Stephen, which fertilizer(s) are you using, that are designed for hydroponics?
Here is the link for it http://www.thehydrosource.com/Nutrie...qmtq1i52aij4a5

I been using the 15 - 5 -15 NPK but I am pretty sure they are either mixing it or getting it already mixed from Southern Ag. That is what a lot of the hydro places do for their generic. I been meaning to contact them directly to get a price and a minimum order amount. I think they package theirs in 50lb bags. If its cheap enough and I do not have to buy a ton of it I may go that route. (Not sure they sell to the public though so who knows)

You can also use MG and molasses for in ground or container plants and have a complete fert too. Only thing that would be missing that comes to mind is boron, copper, and zinc. Not sure on those three but they are very trace elements so probably would not be an issue anyways.

I already have one hydro unit that takes 25 gallons to fill, I have tried the MG + molasses in the hydro and the plants do fine but do not recommend it cause it clogs everything up. So for hydro or drip irrigation I would recommend the hydro nutrients.