Thread: fusarium wilt
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2011   #24
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I have a KBX that is just a big wilted yellow mess but it has some fruit about a quarter the size I got last year so I guess I'll be pulling it in the next day or so. My Red Siberian which looked terrible a week ago has come back a little since I cut two of the main stems off. My Shannon's is a deed duck with a few fruit hanging on the dying plant. I'm hoping my Barlow Jap and German Johnson can hang on a little longer. To add to my fusarium woes I found three more plants with TSWV and the Early Blight is starting to get bad despite frequent spraying. I guess I'll have to get out the big gun and spray them with a dilute bleach spray this afternoon or tomorrow. I'll start with the milder solution and if I have to I'll go to the stronger solution if the diseases persist. One really good thing about the bleach spray is the plants usually look a lot better a week later because most of the diseased foliage dries up and falls off leaving a much greener plant.

I have had one amazing occurrence. After five unsuccessful years of trying to grow Brandywine Sudduth's I have a large healthy plant with 15 fruit set. Now if the fusarium, blight and TSWV will leave it alone for a few more weeks I'll finally get to try eating one.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote