Thread: J&L Gardens
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2011   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I'd never heard of them before so took a look at the website and it's clear to me, at least, that they have gotten some of their seed here at Tville through my free seed offer as well as from some others here at Tville.

They represented Lee's Sweet one way and Lee Goodwin who posts here clearly said what the parentage was and no Brandywine was involved as they had said.

Kazachka is a variety that I've been offering here in my annual free seed offer for the past couple of years.

Ambrosia I know only as an OP Sungold variety developed by Lee Goodwin which I'm growing this year and didn't know there was a Pink Ambrosia. Perhaps Lee could speak to that.

Green Doctors Frosted I've been offering here in my free seed offer.

Somehow I missed how many seeds were sent for $3 so if someone finds that how about saying what the seed count is.

There are supposed to be many hard to get tomato varieties, and maybe for most folks some of them are, but for me and many others I don't see much that's unique except for the ones they say they bred.

It's strictly your choice where you want to buy tomato seeds and there are many excellents places to do so. Since I don't know others here who have bought seeds from J and L I don't what the experience of others has been.

All I can say, I think, is that the owners are participants here at Tville from some of the comments made and comments about where they got some of their seed.

I could comment on some of the other tomato varieties they list, but I'm not going to do that right now.