View Single Post
Old May 6, 2011   #24
John3
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
That is one of the reasons. Depending on the amount of "P" in the soil it can keep the symbiotic relationship from happening. They have found the use of mycorrhiza/bacteria in hydroponic systems has increased plant vigor and production. By controlling the "P" of the nutrient solution and allowing symbiosis to occur the nutrient intake of the plants increases even though the ferts used in the nutrient solution are inorganic/ionic.

More and more were finding that Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi are not the only players in the rhizosphere where plant roots are growing. You have PGPR (Plant-Growth-Promoting-Rhizobacteria) that act as biofertilizers and biopesticdes. You are seeing them added to Myco products such as MycoGrow Soluable or as stand alone products like Biota Max. They have also found that these Myco/bacteria teams work together whether it be providing nutrients for the plant or fighting the bad guys that reside in the soil one example being Tricoderma and Mycorrhiza.

My reason for my seedling plant dip was to get all these players together and inoculate the plants in one application so they can be doing there thing from the git-go as a biofertilizer or a biopesticide.

A new product on the market that Raybo mentioned is "Great White Mycorrhiza" which is a good example of an all-in-one product that has Mycorrhiza,PGPR and Tricoderma plus vitamins. Feedback on this product has been very favorable. Right now it's running around $30.00 for 4oz. Here's a discription of the product.

Ami
Ami I have a limeaquat that I need to transplant into a 5 gal pot - the nursery guy said to use miricale grow potting mix (the reg kind). Would this kill the effects of Actinovate, MyGrow and Biota Max?
John3 is offline   Reply With Quote