View Single Post
Old April 24, 2011   #37
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
Jeannine

If you're using a greenhouse to supplement the growing season you should be fine.

I'm on the Island and have some late starts as well. It then depends on how cold our fall is. Using my greenhouse I've been able to grow and get ripe tomatoes up to the end of October.
Thank you, having been overseas for 9 years and only back 2 I am still trying to get used to Canadaian Springs again and it all seems to have changed.Last year, the blight got me very early and as I know little about these particular toms I thought I would check.

They haven't actually arrived yet but have been shipped I am told. I wanted to do the whole set together but could only get seeds for some as they had already sold out .I think I am missing 4 but I have bought.

Rosella Purple
Summertime Gold
Jade Beauty
Summertime Green
Wild Fred

I have grown tomatoes for many years and always had a fondness for small growing ones so was thrilled to hear about this..albeit late. With packing and moving to get back to Canada two or three years ago and then getting settled this is the first real chance I have had to do any serious growing and still running late.

What side of the island are you on?

Did you get blight with the greenhouse.?

Before we left for the UK in 2000 , I gardened with no blight but it was under cover. In the Uk where the blight is bad we gardened 5 greenhouses and never once got it.We grew till the frosts came.

Thank you for your help

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote