Thread: False Economy!
View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011   #72
Colorado_west
Tomatovillian™

Yeah, I am on warfarin. 90 pills for 45 days for $10 I think it is. Monthly test had not been costing and now they started like $16.60 on the test for Warfarin. The other full blood test I pay around $50 for my cost. But only 6 months or so. I had to have EKG and 24 hour heart monitor test this year to get off more medicine. . I am on Humana Ins . I pay the medicare and they pay Humana and then now I pay Humana $39 a month extra this year. I am a bleeder to start with and all I know if this is what they put me on. The heart drip mediciine they used at hospital flatened my BP and they could not get a reading. They liked to have killed with it. . Some medicines make me sick. I have been redoing the budget to work this all in. It pays about like medicare as is medicare advantage plan. It does pay the doctor bills. But that is good to know as if I had to move to small town where son in the clinic/hospital there maybe could not handle the warfarin test. 80 miles there and 80 back to get here. . Humana does not pay for new drugs. I have their drug list but can not find. I am on digoxin and Metoprolol and ibuprofen. The $4 prescriptions. I get 90 for $10 and some are cheaper and I chop in half like he said as it cut it down. Cutting in half saves money. It is the vitamins and herbs I take that cost me. I have been cutting that cost down and I think I have as low as I can for now. I take one ibuprofen morning and night regularly and have not flared up the arthritis so far. Rhumatoid. I have had since in my early 40's. Under control and had taken aspirin and doctor said I could not any more. I set my dose and this has worked so far. Like 9 months. I pay $15 for doctor office visit. No matter what I have costs. But is sure could be worse. Every thing has gotten paid.

Here they want the tomato green for frying or one wanted them green with just a trace of color. Seems they like different things. Very few wanted green tomatoes. Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers (they like Armenian) hot peppers, greenbeans , zucchini, potatoes and melons.

Old age is sure not for sissies. Best to keep busy. I am not complaining as no use. Diet more than just the Vit K and I can still find plenty and I am working on the Vit K thing so can eat more things. My multi vitamin had changed from 10 K to 30 K but it is to stay on a even diet and get warfarin set.

I have been sewing quilt blocks in the winter and getting ready to make into tops and then quilts. I read quite a bit. I want to grow some new things to just see them grow. We are planning to go ride the old steam engine train this summer/fall. We rode the Drango/Silverton one last year. This one will go from San Luis Valley southern end to down in to New Mexico. Inless son gets that house and moving it and too swamped with work. He would do the driving to go ride the train. He likes trains.

I mowed weeds this afteroon some so can till. This rain has got them from 2 inches up to a foot now. I quit and it did look like it may come another rain tonight. Ground was soft not muddy to push that mower. But I did a pretty good patch of it. Did not want to start out with too much work. I donot want to get sore. Work up to more hours.
Colorado_west is offline   Reply With Quote