View Single Post
Old March 23, 2011   #11
ASFx2600
Tomatovillian™

Week 3 Update:

Things are still going nicely. I'm still waiting just a tiny bit longer to thin them since a few cups didn't have an obvious winner yet. I'll thin them by tomorrow no matter what though. I gave them a light dose of the organic fertilizer for the first time today. I forgot to poke holes at the bottom of a couple of my pepper cups (oops), so the leaves started curling a bit, but i recognized that right away and poked more holes at the bottom of the cups. The leaves are already starting to go back to normal so that wasn't a big deal.

For the fertilizer, i started following the "week 1" line on the feeding chart I posted below, with 5ml bio root, 5ml biothrive grow, 5ml CaMg, 2.5ml bio weed, and also added 15ml of the diamond black. The reason i'm starting their week 1 feeding program at week 3 is because I already started all the seeds in fox farm soil which is already a very good potting soil. I also don't usually like to use much fertilizer (if any at all) while the cotyledons are still nice and green. On the next watering i'll just use plain water again, then after that, i'll probably move to their week 2 feeding schedule.

I have a min/max thermometer in here as well, and with the fan on it hovers around 80 degrees during the day, and 73 at night. I tried turning on the fan off to see how high the temp would go, and it went up to 86.

ASFx2600 is offline   Reply With Quote