View Single Post
Old March 18, 2011   #44
lurley
Tomatovillian™

For individual pots I get the kord pots from greenhouse megastore. They are very durable, I can reuse them year after year, their carrying trays are fairly sturdy if you need to move lots of them around like i do and I also reuse those although they are less durable than the pots. The 4 inch pots run about 10cents each before shipping. I buy their black pots for the 3inch size which are even cheaper and I think a large box is 1000 if I remember correctly although they also sell "Hobby" amounts. I have used jiffy peat pots, yougurt or drinking cups, even empty milk containers or jugs for plants before but the pots are worth it as customers generally dont like the dirt/possible dampness of the peat, or the tippiness of the cups when they are transporting plants home. I do make sure they know that if they want to recycle they are welcome to return their empty pots to me along with empty pots from any other plants they might have. A lot actually get returned to me this way along with a few extras. I also like the 4 inch plant labels that they sell. They are all attached, 1000 on a long roll, a genius move I think as otherwise, at least at my house, I end up with loose labels everywhere. I don't grow specifically for sale, just usually have lots of extras, and having decent pots seems to sell more in my experience.
lurley is offline   Reply With Quote