View Single Post
Old March 9, 2011   #14
JackE
Tomatovillian™

The Wal-Mart parking lot is where everyone goes around here - plants, puppies, veggies, whatever. Just set up a simple card table or something - or just sell them out of your trunk - out on the edges of the parking lot where people drive by and your not blocking traffic or anything, and you'll probably sell them all in an hour. If you make a habit of it - like everyday, set-up something elaborate or get in the way, the mgr might have to run you off - but that's all, just ask you to leave.

This is a small town, though, with a smaller WM store, where everybody knows each other - things may be more formal where you are.

I'll be up monitoring the temperature from 1:00 AM on tonite and, especially, tomorrow night. I'll turn-on the sprinklers if it dips to 35, but this front is pretty dry and I don't expect frost. The NWS is calling for five degrees colder than Accu-Weather - I guess they're using different forecast models. We planted Monday - the forecast was better then (40) but the front is stronger than expected. Pray for us! :-)

Jack

Last edited by JackE; March 9, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote