View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011   #57
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

I do not have time to hunt it all down online right now but you can get the adapters, they are in the plumbing and irrigation section of the hardware box stores and are pretty cheap. you might have to go 3/4 to 1/2 then use a second 1/2 to 1/4 adapter. Each adapter costing between .66 and 1.25

So its 3/4 (thats the size of std garden hose) to 1/2 - 1/2 to 1/4 then filter to 1/4 to 1/2 if you are using standard 1/2 inch irrigation line.

I just bought a bunch of fittings last night (not those specifically) for a hydroponics unit - air lift pump drip system I am building from scratch.

Some old sink models and toilet models also use 1/4 inch supply lines as well as I have replaced them doing remodeling work for people in the past.

I just took a look at the one posted and it filters at 100 microns but yes would be easier to use. For complete chlorine removal you need one that is 10 microns or less. Thats why the description for that one says removes some of the chlorine taste (which is pretty misleading )

Filter makers rate filters in “microns.” Microns are a size measurement of the pore size, so the smaller the number, the tighter the filter. CTO stands for “Chlorine, Taste, Odor” and means that the maker is saying only that the filter will remove chlorine and improve taste and odor. The filter might do more, but the maker isn't guaranteeing it. CTO-grade cartridges are usually about 10 microns in pore size. Five-micron filters remove more chemicals but will plug up faster if there is heavy particulate matter in the water. One-micron filters are for drinking water only.