View Single Post
Old January 15, 2011   #4
jabbok
Tomatovillian™

Our project is not a lease, it directly tied to a church, and solely funded by that church.

I've come to this forum because I expect a stronger stick than I've experienced in the past at other places. If the mods see something out of line by all means call me out on it, I'm not here for political or religious discussions. I was just trying give some background and motivation behind the post.

The first year were grew three varieties of potatoes, Norland, Kennebec and Katahdin. We have found that kennebec work the best for us. I've never grown a russet in my life(guess its about time).

Last season we planted only kennebec and norlands, we had an awful year, hot with no rain. This coming season we are rigging up irrigation and only planting kennebec's. I did think about trialing Yukon gold, seems to be the potato of choice in these parts. Our average cost of seed potatoes is $0.38 pound

We also tried sweet corn (600 ears)our first year....the distributor held it to long and the quality was awful(lessons learned)
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote