Thread: Golden Queen
View Single Post
Old January 8, 2011   #15
camochef
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Camo, yes you did say it wasn't Golden Queen but I thought maybe you'd reversed the colors and meant to say that the fruits were yellow with a pink blush at the stem end instead of the opposite.

And I was just pointing out that true Golden Queen isn't a bicolor.

And I wasn't sure why you were telling us about something that you knew wasn't Golden Queen in a thread about Golden Queen. No matter, as you yourself said above, it is an interesting something that you have there and if you like it that's all that's important.

British Columbia nearest the coast especially, is not that cold, rather, its very rainy and temps are usually temperate. it's where Tania lives and gardens and she's a zone 7b.
Carolyn,
I was supplying the information in hopes that I could gain more information myself, but after spending some time searching through my jars of seeds from each year, it no longer seems important. Apparantly, any seeds I had for them, were destroyed during the dog incident and I no longer have any to worry about.
I must admit that I didn't realize British Columbia was warmer than here in southern Pa. I'm only a half mile from the Maryland border, maybe less in a straight line, and significantly further south than the Canadian border. We're 6B here. I think your a 5 Hard to imagine 7B so much more north than where you are. Live and learn! Thanks!
Camo
camochef is offline   Reply With Quote