View Single Post
Old December 31, 2010   #26
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I've ordered from Johnny's off and on for over 20 years and have never had one problem.

As a matter of fact I think it's one of THE best places to get seeds for all kinds of seeds and more.

Don't I recall that a few years ago that there was some problem with credit card security or was that Pinetree, I just can't remember, but I know the problem was fixed pronto and no problems since.

Lemurian, they cater to organic growers as you can see by the many varieties of lots of stuff that are offered as organic or non-organic seed. In addition MOGFA ( Maine ORganic Farmers Association) was THE first in the US and all other organic certifying agencies have pretty much followed what MOGFA did and does. There are many organic growers in ME, both commercial and just home growers.

I'm here at the computer and my 2011 Johnny's catalog is out in the other room, so I'll just ask you. Isn't there a place on the order form where you check off no substitutes? Or did you call in your order and somehow your request for no substitutes didn't get passed along. Mistakes happen. I made one about an hour ago.

And I'm sure the appropriate person will get back to you soon and help you solve what happened once all the staff are back in the offices on Monday, or so.