Thread: Danko
View Single Post
Old November 21, 2010   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworivers1 View Post
I really had high hopes when I saw all those flowers but I think the jump in temperature happened at absolutely the wrong time for me.

At least for me last year, Danko definitely acted as a determinate because I never saw any more flowers the rest of the season.

Now Kosovo was one of my better producing tomatos this year although it got fairly big.
I can perfetly well understand the high temps causing blossom drop, b'c this past season the same thing happened to me here in my zone 5 upstate NY. Unusual weather for us, but almost two months of high temps and high humidity, the result of which I didn't get ANY fruits off half the plants I had out there regardless of plant habit.

I didn't grow Danko this past season, but when I've grown it in the past it has blossomed and produced fruits all season.

The old adage is that determinates produce one flush of fruits and that's it. But I've seen folks post about some determinates they grow that do produce all season, so I don't equate plant habit det with just one flush of fruits.