Thread: Leaf Diseases
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2010   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Garf, what you show are bothe bacterial and fungal foliage diseases , I won't go into the specifics, and your first photo indicates a virus disease.

There's nada you can do about the virus disease b'c those are insect transmitted. And for the other foliage diseases while I know that B4 is suggesting clorox, I would also suggest that you consider some anti-fungal and anti-bacterial sprays that have been tested and known to work.

B4, if Clorox was the wonder treatment, and it could be, I would expect to see more written about it eleewhere, I really would, but I don't see that. Foliage diseases are THE main diseases of tomatoes and when I think of the huge tomato indistry in this country and workwide in some other countries and I recognize the incredible amount of research that supports the tomato industry, I would have expected much more attention payed to Clorox as a cheap cure-all.

But I don't see that and please correct me if I'm wrong. Long ago I got lost in that other thread discussion about Clorox so maybe I'm forgetting something.

Same for peroxide treatments and ions which are about the same as Clorox in terms specifically of the hypochlorite ion.