View Single Post
Old September 23, 2010   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmette View Post
I sure hope she lets you distribute seeds. I fell in love with hearts this year and am looking for some great hearts to grow next year. Please keep us posted.
Chris
Chris, you've got some dedicated Heart lovers here, I'm one, Damon is another one and there's lots of heart threads already here so by all means do a wee search and I know you'll come up with some great ones and if not I know many of us could list some of our faves, Tania has a seperate list of hearts , but check already existing threads first if you have the time b/c they are extensive and have some great recs.

Bark, you'll remember that I Pmed you when you first mentioned this new variety in another thread. So I do hope it will be OK to distribute your seeds.

I have a new heart as well, called Kukla's Portuguese Heart, which is a large red delicious heart on PL foliage, which isn't all that common as to leaf type. BUT, just ONE fruit. Craig was supposed to be doing seed production for all three of my new Portuguese ones, the heart, a paste and a beefsteak, but his plants got wiped out with Septoria.

So here I am with ONE heart and now ONE of the pastes and all I can try to do is to get enough seeds to grow more plants next year.

Two other new hearts for me were Hays' from Bulgaria and Bobbie, both excellent tasting red hearts. Jeff Casey lists Hays' at his seed site and I didn't check to see where Bobbie might be listed, other than in the SSE YEarbook. But again, just enough seeds to regrow next year.

What a lousy lousy tomato year for me.