View Single Post
Old June 17, 2010   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh_Vinci View Post
While back, among the favorite PL tomatoes, Pervaya Lyubov was mentioned... Sharing the same first name with my mother, who absolutely loves tomatoes (and anything fresh from the garden), I really wanted to plant this variety for her.

Clara - can't thank you enough for sharing these seeds. Beautiful, strong plant, 65 days for me (first 3 fruits today). Mom was enjoying it more than I would imagine! Picking the ripe fruits and of course, eating them, but not before few pics (though first one didn't even make it out of the garden )

Firm enough, juicy, plenty of meatiness, sweetness and fruity tones with enough acid to make it a very bright and delightful tasting tomato. And first fruits out of the garden - haven!!!

Clara - many many thanks for this one, special thanks from my mother as well!!! This one is definitely added to a "resident tomato" list in my garden!

Regards,
D
You aren't the only one who likes that variety and there have been others here who have posted about them as well.

I got the seeds from Andrey in Belarus in 2008, listed them in the SSE YEarbook and have offered them in my last two free seed offers here at Tville and will probably offer them again.

The name translates out as First Love.

Edited to add I didn't kinow your first name was Dmitry, I guess I havern't sent any seeds to you, so who am I to tell you how to translate from Russian to English.LOL