View Single Post
Old May 28, 2010   #15
333.okh
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
Farmette, I have heard from other posters that the FF Ocean Forest Mix is a little "Hot" on the fertilizer side and did not recommend it for tomato seedlings. I checked the bag I received last month and yes indeed they took out the ORGANIC and replaced with SEED STARTER. I opened the bag and it is the same stuff and for me seems a little course for a seed starting aggregate. In case folks would like to know why I am sold on this product here is some pictures of my bag with the ingredients. And the ph is adjusted to 6.3-6.8 which is perfect for tomatoes. Ami

I live a few miles from these guys. That stuff works great for what it was designed for here in Humboldt County California. Not my taste, but it works pretty good. The Ocean Forest is HOT, but works good for locals only growing indoors under lights.

Like I said, not my taste, but it works. Personally, I like Black Gold's products because it is not designed for that Humboldt market.

http://www.blackgold.bz/potting-soils.html

Cactus mix with Osmocote and a layer of seed starter on top to germinate in. Awesome.
333.okh is offline   Reply With Quote