View Single Post
Old May 15, 2010   #4
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

no i do not grow okra or corn.

my compost had some of that manure saw dust added to it so i am not too sure my compost is ok to use! i know i should do a soil test but i never trusted those $10 or $15 soil test kits. i used them long time ago and felt they were bs after i paid for a real comprehensive test. that takes weeks and cost $50 10 years ago.

NH is a concentrate and water soluable. i want to water the plants vs spraying as i can give more fertilizer that way.

Keep in mind the plants will be in a weakened state for a while and more susceptible to insects and disease. yes this is why i am a bit hesitant to just over fertilizer plants effected.

there is nowhere to plant a temporary garden. while i have 2 acres you can't just decide to plant veggies HERE or over THERE! there's lawn, there's wild areas with extensive weed and hay root systems, tree roots and ROCKS! LOTS of rocks, you can't just dig in this ground it is a lot of work you just don't decide to start another garden, that won't work without a backhoe which i don't have nor do i want to start that type of work. a huge exacvator dug for an hour to establish this garden to remove the large rocks. he did not get the ones that were 1.5' X 2' as they were to small for him to find and they are hard to get out by hand trust me i have.

i'm pretty po'ed. if all the other plants out and about to go out experience this i'm not gardening this year. it's tons of work when it is going right and i just don't have the heart to work so hard and get nothing. green manures and tilling with a dose of cow manure for N will be the gardening season. a break like this may just tip me over the edge and quit for good. i really like growing plants in the basement but i hate the work in the garden after they go out, out in the sun, the heat, the bugs, the time. it's too much, i really am getting tired of it all and now this. well safe to say i am totally po'ed. life is too short to slave away at this maybe this is the break. i doubt i mean that come next year but right now i am so disgusted i don't really care about anything. wait til you see my next thread i start!
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote