View Single Post
Old May 10, 2010   #4
duajones
Tomatovillian™

I have 5 plants total and the two odd ones came off of the same plant I believe. I have never had one that had the bumps on it as these two had, nor the squared type of shape from this variety. All have been round and smooth in shape.
No big deal, I just had not seen this before and was wondering. The first one was smaller and about the size of a good sized pickling cuke, so I added it to a batch of pickles I made. But noticed no difference in color or seed cavity when I cut it up.
I will cut this one for fresh eating next to a normal one and see if there is any difference.
I just found it odd that I had never experienced this in previous growouts. I dont save seed so I guess it doesnt matter

Edit to add: Thanks for the responses. I know you have experience with the variety Suze and was hoping you would chime in. Dustdevil, I dont know what your experience with the variety is but appreciate the response as well. I personally dont have a ton of experience with it but this is definitely a different experience with the variety for me.
Still a great variety for fresh eating and we will see how well it pickles soon

Last edited by duajones; May 11, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
duajones is offline   Reply With Quote