View Single Post
Old June 18, 2006   #8
travis
Tomatovillian™

Oh, I forgot ...

I added a couple of Tbs. Epsom salts to the MG in the watering can when I applied it foliar. One time did the trick.

However, the fact that the plant in the picture is in soggy ground may indicate something entirely different than what I had in a 4-inch pot. Anyway, the YB is doing very well in the raised bed now with no signs of yellowing or spotted leaves.

Another thing ... I did have something that looked similar to the photo in the original post ... out in the garden that I planted kinda early this spring ... April 9 is early around here ... then after two weeks of warm weather it got colder and rained a lot. That's when some of the bottom leaves did that yellow/spotted thing on me. Some of them were so splattered with mud from thunderstorms that I can't swear the spots were the same as those shown in the photo.

If I remember right it was on a Brandywine, a Sun Gold, and a Ramapo F5. Again, I just stripped off the yellowed leaves. They're all doing great now that the weather has gotten hot again. No foliage discoloration at all. I'm sold on this Epsom salts thing.

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote