Thread: Mantis tiller
View Single Post
Old April 26, 2010   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

The Mantis I bought in the mid-80's is still running fine. I never used any attachments I just used it as a mechanical hoe.

The first thing I learned is that if using it where there are a lot of stones, don't till there until after you've eaten your next closest meal, ahem.

it's sitting out in the tool shed right now and hasn't been used since my brother moved south a few years ago. At my new place he'd use it to work up my raised beds and he did take it in for an overhaul, don't ask me what it needed , and he paid since he was the one using it the most at his own place up here before he moved south.

But the raised beds got converted to perennials and the like after I fell and now have to use a walker, but the roses and dianthus and foxglove and Campanulas and Shasta Daisys and Phlox and all else are so beautiful that I'm very happy that conversion was made. The tomato are grown in 12 gal gro=bags and other stuff in free standing containers.

So my wonderful Mantis tiller is now on Medicare with an AARP Supplement and reposes in the tool shed underneath the mounted deer antlers of some of my father's hunting exploits.

If I told you what I paid for mine in the mid-80's I know most of you would NOT be surprised. And so it goes.