View Single Post
Old March 17, 2010   #9
David Marek
Tomatovillian™

True, I think it is worth the cost, too. Just because something is "wild" or "natural" does not mean that it should be free if someone goes to the effort to propagate it. I contacted the fungiperfecti people, the second part with the spore count is not on the main listing:

"MycoGrowRoot Dip Gel contains 16 carefully selected endo- and ectomycorrhizal fungi, well suited to a variety of soils, climates and plants. It also contains soluble kelp, humic & fulvic acids, vitamins B and C, and an organic starch based gel for improved water storage and uptake. MycoGrowRoot Dip Gel offers 20,000 endomycorrhizal spores per pound and 110 million ectomycorrhizal spores per pound. MycoGrowRoot Dip Gel can be stored in a cool dry area for 24 months without loss of viability."

So 20,000 spores per pound seems to be pretty much standard. This product seemed to have the longest list of fungi species, so it was my choice- I will be growing about 70 plant species. I am always a fan of diversity.

I also bought 1.5 lb. endomycorrhizial innoculant for $53.64 US shipped from www.biconet.com. Good price.
David Marek is offline   Reply With Quote