View Single Post
Old February 23, 2010   #35
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I was 5'10 inches when I was 11 and had to take ID to get in movies for those under 12.
Oh, me too! I was only 5'8.5, though.

Quote:
I was disabled by an entero virus in Mexico and same in Morocco, and my best experience was my first trip to Greece and Israel.
I got hit by bad oysters at Myrtle Beach many years ago. I was working my way home, dashing from gas station to gas station, when I hit a stretch of I20 between Florence and Camden where there was nothing. I mean, nothing for miles and miles. So I was flying along, desperately hoping for even an exit so I could find some bushes when the cops pulled up behind me. I had my father's car, and there was a CB radio in it. I got the cops on the radio and whined, "I need a bathroom, I had bad oysters last night!" They pulled around me, lights a flashing, and led me to the nearest gas station. When I emerged from the bathroom, embarrassed and dehydrated, I started to plead with them not to give me a ticket. One of them doubled over laughing, and the other gave me a gentle lecture on safety before letting me go.
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote