View Single Post
Old February 17, 2010   #35
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaJB View Post
For some reason I have trouble germinating pepper seeds older than one year, despite giving them plenty of time in my Jiffy greenhouse. Will have to have even more patience, I guess. Considering I've had some tomato seed germinate after 3 months of planting, some of my pepper seed may take that long as well.

I noticed some good suggestions since yesterday. Chinese Giant was another one I had that either didn't germinate or didn't survive once it did. It was one of my first varieties so it's been a few years.

One things for sure, I need to get moving on the seed sowing! Still haven't planted anything and eggplant and pepper seeds are about due to be sown. Think I'll dig out my Socrates seeds and have a mass planting and see what happens. Couldn't be any worse than the results I had 2 years ago, which was 0% germination.

Thanks for the replies, Jeff
Are you using bottom heat? Because every variety of pepper I have started, EXCEPT Bhut Jolokia was up within ten days. And Blue AUssie will tell me that Bhuts are not slow but for me..they always are...