View Single Post
Old February 9, 2010   #15
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

I have never had untrue seed from Tomatofest seeds but about 3 years ago I did hear of a few - I think he had students working there via a school program - happy with Tomatofest seeds but not the big commercialized Tomatofest just like Mischka - I think he was finally overwhelmed with it and is going to just stick with his seed business - and selling tomatoes

As far as Mischka says I agree on price gouging - yes Gary Ibsen charges $3.95 for some varieties - and some about the same as other sites when # seeds is compared - his sale seeds at usually $2 per pack is a good deal 35-40+ seeds- that is what I usually do is fill in my list - and some of his $2.95 packs sometimes last years seeds but you can ask ahead - he has always been prompt at answering emails -

Tomatofest does tend to rename a few tomatoes which have have different names - but I have seen other sites also -

I give all vendors I try a few chances and if they do not perform then they are off my list -

Heirloom seeds is one with slow shipping etc and I have had untrue seed - last year I received some seeds ordered in Jan in May - that's ridiculous

Heirloom Acres shorted me last Jan and 2 weeks ago I finally got a refund - he did substitute 3 varieties also from now on I am going to make sure he doesn't do that with varieties I do not want - otherwise happy with Heirloom acres

Happy with TomatoFest!!!

Dennis

Last edited by mtbigfish; March 16, 2010 at 07:56 PM.
mtbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote