View Single Post
Old January 31, 2010   #15
Flame of Bodensee
Tomatovillian™

well i know Gerhard Bohl not very well, but i have a few friends who have changed seeds with him he is also very popular in one german garden forum. some seeds he is offering are surprise ones, cause everyman can change seeds there, as an example you want cherokee purple tomato and a brandywine comes out or something other there is no real guarantee to get what you want. i'm not against mr. bohl or his project of seed saving !! i thought about joining it too with true uncrossed seeds, but through all seed exchanges, he can't check if they are not crossed due of the masses of seeds he gets through the year.

i have this seedcatalog of him too as an windows document file about 4 mb big in size this is what he sends on cdr or on the sticks, well i dunno if i can upload this file somewhere so many could read it cause the copyrights belongin to mr. bohl not me and like clara said it's in german.

For Germany he is the biggest collecting private man who sell or trade historical and heirloom seeds or plantable stuff like potatoes, like seedsavers for US.

greetz Matthias