View Single Post
Old January 24, 2010   #3
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

http://tater-mater.blogspot.com/ is the URL of my blog. I just updated the blog with a write up on my Potato Sampler.

Because I want folks to try lots of varieties of potatoes, I could easily put one tiny potato tuber per variety in a box and get 'em to you when you are ready to plant. Most of the potatoes that I would send are as good as certified seed potatoes since they are either one or two years from true seed (No virus) or from one season away from tissue culture (USDA source).

For the last two years I have sent out my Potato Sampler--an 8 lb box for $40 postpaid. It can have anywhere from 5 to 20 varieties per unit. Wood Prairie has a similar box for that price, therefore it is within the range of what other potato seed sellers do.

I am thinking of sending out a one pound box with 1 oz. tubers with about 15 different varieties. Perhaps $10 would be a fair price. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Quote:
Red Thumb, Austrian Crescent, Purple Viking, Colorado Rose. Rose Finn Apple, La Ratte Peruvian Purple, Red Gold , Caribe, and Yukon Gold.
I don't want to compete those fellas that carry those above so don't ask for them.
Quote:
I want to grow a good sized purple flesh, red flesh, gold flesh, and a few good fingerlings
This is where I could add a lot of diversity. Fully 95% of my collections are not available anywhere else.

Tom Wagner
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote