Thread: Garden 2006
View Single Post
Old June 7, 2006   #19
MsCowpea
Tomatovillian™

Wow, those are ALL very nice gardens. So neat and tidy--I'd be afraid to do a long distance shot of my beds. Where are all the weeds and garden junk?

I just had two truckloads of tree-trimmings dumped--thought I would use the mulch around the raised beds to drown out the weeds. When I went out to look at what I got looks like big sticks and broken branches, not mulch at all. Got TWO 18 yards dump trucks full of the stuff. They were about to dump a third when I ran out to stop them. Oh well, we put it around the beds anyway but it sure is ugly.

Much better luck last next week- DH picked up at least 8 truckloads of stumpgrindings. Our city was finally grinding tree stumps destroyed by WIlma on the city swales. Man said to take as much as he wanted and
then they actually delivered a truckload to our house. I am going to mix it into the beds for organic matter.

What alot of work for some measly tomatoes. OK forget the measly part--don't really mean it and something like that could get me banned.

"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work."
Carl Huffaker
MsCowpea is offline   Reply With Quote