Thread: Carrot Tomato
View Single Post
Old January 12, 2010   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff1 View Post
Does anyone know of an alternative name for this heirloom? I originally received seeds for this from Seeds Blum and have been growing it since. Seems that this was a name used only by Seeds Blum as I cannot find an image or description anywhere. Thanks, Geoff
Geoff, long time no see, so Hello.

Most folks equate Carrot Like to Silvery Fir Tree but Andrey says they are slightly different. Both have that finely dissected foliage with small red fruits. I too first bought seeds for Carrot-Like from Seeds Blum back in the 80's and I was so sorry to see what happened to Jan, but she just couldn't convert to the computer age and when folks got seeds after a year, it was time to close up. How I miss those wonderful black line drawings and the fabulous array of veggies and fruits and flowers that she offered.

Maybe Andrey will stop by when he sees this thread title and say more about Carrot-Like/Silvery Fir Tree, but of former USSR origin there's no doubt. If not perhaps you could PM him in a few days to post here if he doesn't see your thread title.