View Single Post
Old December 4, 2009   #10
huntsman
Tomatovillian™

My Afrikaans is actually not bad at all, but I'm new to growing so to tranlate virgin information will be a challenge! As you indicate though, it's adapt or fail and people usually appreciate you making an effort to communicate in their own language.

Well, I have 45 Cherry Tom bushes and 12 astd pepper plants of about 20 - 40'' in height ready for tomorrow's sally forth!

I have to be there at 04h45, so the alarm will be set for 03h15 as the venue is around 60km away... I'm particularly looking forward to loading the watered bushes before the sparrows wake! (NOT!)

I'm not expecting miracles, but after a lifetime in sales will certainly nail down every penny available! My guess is that regardless of how many bushes we sell, we simply can't carry sufficient to make a decent profit, and it's the fruit that will have to pay the mortgage, once we start to harvest...

Thank heavens we have so few restrictions here. Unlike your market, Carol, we are welcome to slice and dice, and people are actually cooking, frying and boiling on site. Once I get fruit to harvest, I will definitely be using that 'free tasting' avenue, that we all know leads to more sales.

I'll post any feedback that might be useful after the market.
huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote